A lovely sauce for roast lamb. From The United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Institute of Chicago, 1947.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 6 drops peppermint oil
- add 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- add 3/4 cup water
- add green food coloring
- add 3/4 cup drained crushed pineapple (reserve 1/4 cup juice)
- Combine pineapple, juice, sugar and water; simmer about ten minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cool, color and add peppermint flavoring.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.