I always use this recipe with Duncan Hines pineapple cake...turns out moist and delicious every time...I use a 13x9 baking pan and reserve juice from pineapple slices..and add enough water to juice to make 1 cup liquid..
- add 1 cup water
- add 20 ounces pineapple slices
- add 4 large eggs
- add 18 1/4 ounces pineapple cake mix
- add 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- add 3 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1 cup light brown sugar
- add 1/2 cup pecans
- add 15 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- to prepare TOPPING:.
- melt butter on low heat in 12" cast iron skillet or 13x9" baking pan.
- Remove from heat, stir in brown sugar, spread to cover bottom of skillet or baking pan.
- Arrange pineapple slices, maraschino cherries and pecans in skillet or baking pan.
- Set aside.
- to prepare CAKE:.
- combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs water and oil in large bowl.Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter evenly over fruit in skillet or baking dish.
- Bake at 350* for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes on cooling rack.run knife around edges and invert onto serving plate.
- Let cool.may serve warm or cool.
- If baking in 13x9 pan, bake for 45-50 minutes.