This another of our family favorites that makes for an excellent addition to the serving tray. Looks very appealing on the holiday platter and great for special occasions. I often substitute the graham crumbs with crushed Nillas.
- add 1 (300 ml) can eaglebrand condensed milk
- add food coloring
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1/2 cup pecans (chopped fine)
- add 1 tablespoon flour
- add 1 teaspoon lemon juice (use a real lemon)
- add 2 cups fine coconut
- add 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons cream (or half and half)
- add 3 tablespoons softened butter
- add 2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- BASE: In large bowl mix graham wafer crumbs, butter and flour and press into a greased 9x9 inch pan.
- Bake at 275 degrees five minutes, take out of oven and cool.
- TOPPING: Mix the Eaglebrand condensed milk, coconut and pecans and spread over base.
- Bake at 325 for 20 to 25 minute (ovens may vary) being careful not to over bake.
- Cool and ice with Lemon Icing.
- Lemon Icing: In medium bowl beat together the butter, cream and lemon juice.
- Add in the icing sugar, adding more if needed for desired consistency and add just a small amount of food coloringto make for pale pink.