This recipe was given to my Mother in law and it is one of those special always-at-the-holidays sweets. They are very sweet, so cutting them in very small squares is usually how we do it. I just guessed at the servings because it really depends on how you cut it.
- add 1/4 cup butter
- add red food coloring
- add 1 cup brown sugar
- add 1 egg
- add 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- add 2 cups icing sugar
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 8 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
- add 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- add 1 tablespoon milk
- Layer 1:.
- In a double boiler (or a metal bowl over a pot of boiling water, as I do) add; 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar and 1 egg (well beaten). Stir constantly until smooth and shiny. Remove from heat and add 2 cups graham crumbs. Pack into 9x9 pan.
- Layer 2:.
- Stir together 3/4 of a can of sweetened condensed milk and 8 ounces coconut. Spread on graham layer.
- Combine 1/4 cup butter with 2 cups icing sugar and 1 tbsp milk. Add a few drops of red food coloring, until a nice pink shade is reached, and stir until smooth. Spread on top of coconut layer.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.