Syrian Bread is used in this snack. I make these all year and especially during the summer. My guests are disappointed if I don't supply these as one of our appetizers.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add garlic powder or garlic salt
- add dry basil
- add parmesan cheese
- add olive oil
- add 1 (6 count) package pita bread
- add ground cayenne pepper
- Split the pita bread into two halves.
- Score with sharp knife, but don't cut completely through.
- Brush lightly with Olive Oil, sprinkle lightly with basil, garlic powder or garlic salt, Parmesan cheese and Cayenne ground pepper.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees until golden or lightly browned.
- Cool and break into pieces.
- We serve them as is and also with side dishes of chopped Jalapeno peppers and chopped tomatoes.