I was about 8 yrs old when Chef Boyardee came out with a home made pizza in a box. It was my first taste of this delight, then I moved to NYC and fell in love with the real stuff. Here's a fun home made version that comes out of your refridgerator and shelf so you can make it anytime you are in the mood for great pizza. You will have to find a large pizza pan to use! Give this a try...
- add Pizza crust is made by hand or in a food processor:
- add 1 1/2 cup of flour
- add 1 tsp salt
- add 1 Tbsp yeast
- add 1/2 cup of warm water
- add Sprinkle of sugar
- add 1 Tbsp olive oil
- add Mix all the ingredients in a food processor -
- add cover processor with a towel and let rise for 1 hour.
- add Heat oven during that time to 450.
- add After the hour punch down dough and roll out into a large pizza round --
- add (double if you need to use a huge pizza pan or two large)
- add Eat it as you Tweet @MissBusyBiz is always sharing
- add this with her Twitter anipals :)
- So your dough is rising in the food processor and you are heating the oven to 450 and now you're going to put together fun toppings from what ever you have:
- Be creative, use what you and what your family likes, you can buy toppings special or use left overs:
- Sauce is either a laddle of your fav red pasta sauce or a can of pizza sauce. Put the sauce on 1st spread over the rolled out dough on the pan.
- Then add in any veggie you have in fridge or from your shelf. It can be sliced tomatoes or drained can of stewed tomatoes. It can be fresh bell peppers, green onions, sliced sweet onions, sliced olives, sliced roasted veggies, sun dried tomatoes, pineapple, or marinated veggies --they are all really good. Mix them up and enjoy the new flavors.
- Meats can be left over hamburger or special hamburger and chopped onions browned just for this, cooked sausage, diced lunch meat or hot dogs, ham or spam, pepperoni or smoked sausage, left over chicken, pork, steak all chopped, or cooked salmon is great and so is left over roast.
- Cheese is next and what you have; mozzarella, Swiss, cheddar, jack or Parmesan and make sure it's all grated so it melts fast and even. Goat cheese or speciality cheeses are always wonderful with chicken or salmon.
- Herbs can be sprinkled on top...like light garlic, parsley, Italian herb mix, red pepper flakes or fresh herbs like chopped basil - oh boy this just gets better and better.
- Put in 450 oven for about 20-25 min, watch it -it should be puffed, lite brown and everything heated through and melted. Remove from oven and slice to serve.