These pancakes have a unique flavor and texture that make them really something special. They have less flour than traditional pancakes so are not so cake-like. They can be eaten on the go without syrup and are very tasty. My whole family loves them.
- add confectioners' sugar
- add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- add 1 1/3 cups flour
- add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or apple pie spice
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 egg
- add 1 tablespoon sugar
- add 1 cup milk
- add 2 medium apples
- In a a bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and spice.
- In another bowl, lightly beat egg; add milk and oil.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Fold in apples.
- Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle and spread to form 5 inch circles.
- Turn when bubbles form.
- Cook the second side until golden brown and apples are tender.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.