I found a similar recipe on the internet and then I personalized it. I just love Mahi Mahi and this recipe really hits the spot. Simply decadent!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 6 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 12 ounces beer
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- add 1 lb mahi mahi fillets
- Cut fillets into 2 inch chunks and drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Pour the beer into the bottom of a saucepan (if using fresh lemon juice, toss the leftover lemon rind in with beer) and place a collapsible vegetable steamer over the beer.
- Bring the beer to a boil, place the fish chunks in the steamer, cover and steam for 5 to 10 minutes, dependent upon the thickness of the fish.
- The fish will be rubbery if it is overcooked.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter with the garlic and salt (I heat it slowly until the garlic is no longer raw).
- Remove the fish from the steamer and discard the beer/liquid/rind.
- Serve the fish chunks with the garlic butter dipping sauce.