A copycat recipe of Popeye's Famous Fried Chicken !
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 teaspoons paprika
- add 6 cups vegetable oil
- add 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- add 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1 frying chicken
- add 3 eggs
- add 1 tablespoon salt
- add 2 tablespoons white pepper
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a deep fryer or in a wide, deep pan on stove.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, peppers, and paprika.
- Break the eggs into a separate bowl and beat until blended.
- Check the oil by dropping in a pinch of the flour mixture, If the oil bubbles rapidly around the flour, it's ready.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the eggs, then coat generously with the flour mixture.
- Drop each piece into the hot oil and fry 15 to 25 minutes, or until it is a dark golden brown.
- Remove the chicken to paper towels or a rack to drain.