I developed this recipe, which makes the most delicious pan-fried, breaded pork chops. I used to use bread crumbs, but the crushed corn flakes are so much better.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 cups crushed corn flakes
- add 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- add extra-virgin olive oil
- add 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- add flour (for dredging)
- add 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- add 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- add 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- add ground black pepper
- add 2 large eggs (slightly beaten)
- add 4 pork chops (1/2" thick)
- Pat the chops dry with paper towel.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl.
- Place beaten eggs into a second bowl& season with salt and pepper.
- Place the crushed corn flakes into a third bowl seasoned with the tarragon, thyme, marjoram and basil.
- The crushed corn flakes can be found in the supermarket next to the Shake-n-bake.
- Dredge a chop in the flour and shake off the excess.
- Then dip it into the eggs and then into the corn flakes.
- Then place it onto either waxed paper or a baking sheet.
- Repeat with all of the remaining chops.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with enough olive oil to come halfway up the sides of the chops.
- When the oil is hot enough and shimmers, add the chops and fry 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.