Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
"'This is a variation of a main dish that my dad always made,' writes Cindy Glancy of Point Pleasant, New Jersey. 'I now add some special touches of my own when I make it for my husband and two children. The tender chops are fast to fix on a weeknight.'"
- add 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
- add 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- add 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- add 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- add 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- add 1 garlic clove, minced
- add 4 bone-in pork loin chops, trimmed
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. add pork chops; brown on both sides. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, wine or broth, oregano and pepper; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender.