These are so easy, and so delicious! They cook up very quickly. Tender pork with onions, peppers, garlic, lime juice...well, you get the idea. From The Recipe Hall of Fame Cookbook, with a few changes.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add avocados
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add shredded cheese (etc)
- add chopped tomatoes
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 1 lime, juice of
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or more to taste)
- add shredded lettuce
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- add 1 red bell pepper
- add 1 small onion
- add 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning mix (I used Paul Prudhomme's Fajita Magic, but use whatever kind you like--there are a couple posted on Z)
- add 1 green bell pepper
- add 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- add 1 lb pork tenderloins
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add pork, sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Cook, and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add peppers, onion, garlic, cumin and fajita seasoning, continue to cook until the vegetables are crips-tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice, and saute for about 2 more minutes.
- To serve, roll 3/4 cup meat mixture in each tortilla and garnish as desired.
- I like to put the meat and tortillas in a platter and bring it to the table, and let everyone make up their own.