Servs: 2 Prep: Cook:
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (12 oz) pork tenderloin
- add 1/2 to 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- add 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- add 3/4 C low-salt chicken broth
- add 1 1/2 Tbs pure maple syrup
- add 1 Tbs Thai sweet-chili sauce
- add 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- add 1 green onion, chopped
- Cut tenderloin crosswise into 6 slices. Using meat mallet, pound medallions between two sheets of plastic wrap to 1/2 inch tickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste along with the five-spice powder.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add pork and cook until brown and cooked through about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to platter and keep warm.
- Add the rest of ingredients except the green onion to the pan. Boill until reduced to about 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pork and sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve with rice to soak up the sweet and spicy sauce.