Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
Fall of the bone, burst in flavour, mouth watering, tender ribs.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Serving for 6:
- add 4 lbs pork ribs
- add 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- add 1 teaspoon hickory smoke salt
- add 1 tablespoon paprika
- add 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- add 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce (I used Bulls Eye Original Bold)
- add Serving for 4:
- add 2 2/3 lbs pork ribs
- add 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- add 2/3 teaspoon hickory smoke salt
- add 2/3 tablespoon paprika
- add 2/3 tablespoon garlic powder
- add 1/3 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- add 1 1/3 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees f.
- 2. Peel off tough membrane that covers the bony side of the ribs.
- 3. Mix together the sugar and spices to make the rub.
- 4. Apply rub to ribs on all sides.
- 5. Lay ribs on two layers of foil, shiny side out and meaty side down.
- 6. Lay two layers of foil on top of ribs and roll and crimp edges tightly, edges facing up to seal.
- 7. Place on baking sheet and bake for 2-2 1/2 hours or until meat is starting to shrink away from the ends of the bone.
- 8. Remove from oven.
- 9. Heat broiler.
- 10. Cut ribs into serving sized portions of 2 or 3 ribs.
- 11. Arrange on broiler pan, bony side up.
- 12. Brush on sauce.
- 13. Broil for 1 or 2 minutes until sauce is cooked on and bubbly.
- 14. Turn ribs over.
- 15. Repeat on other side.
- 16. Alternately, you can grill the ribs on your grill to cook on the sauce.