This makes a wonderful appetizer for a dinner party. It also makes a yummy, light supper, when served with a bowl of soup.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- add 1/2 cup diced roma tomatoes
- add 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- add 1 cup coarsely chopped sweet onions
- add 1/4 cup golden raisins
- add 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- add 1/2 cup diced yellow bell peppers
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 4 cups diced portabello mushrooms
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 garlic clove
- add 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- add 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers and garlic.
- Sauté for five minutes.
- Stir in sugar, lemon juice and salt and cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the raisins and pine nuts.
- Place mixture in a bowl and add basil.
- Serve warm or at room temperature on crostini (toasted French bread slices)**Note: To toast the pine nuts, place in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir constantly until they begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from skillet immediately and allow to cool.