Portillo's restaurant, in Chicago, are famous for their beef sandwiches. This would be one of those dishes you could make for your family and freeze leftovers for another meal.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 1 teaspoon onion salt
- add 1 teaspoon dried basil
- add 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- add 1 bay leaf
- add 3 cups water
- add 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- add 5 lbs rump roast
- add 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine the water, salt, ground black pepper, oregano, basil, onion salt, parsley, garlic powder, bay leaf and salad dressing mix.
- Stir well and bring just to a boil.
- Place roast in a slow cooker and pour mixture over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours OR high setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and shred meat with a fork.
- Serve on Italian Rolls.