An easy, tasty stew with Spanish flavours. Served on its own, it can be served as a tapas or as a main dish over buttered noodles.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 large tomato
- add 1 1/2 cups fish stock or bottled clam juice
- add 1/2 cup dry white wine
- add 3 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1 lb baby calamari
- add 1 pinch saffron threads
- add 1 bay leaf
- add 1 onion
- add buttered noodles
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1 lb potatoes
- add 2 green bell peppers
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, peppers and garlic and saute 10 minutes.
- Add tomato and bay leaf and saute 3 minutes more.
- Add wine and boil until reduced by half, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, fish stock and saffron and cook until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Add squid and simmer until cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Serve over buttered noodles.