My mother made this every summer, around christmas time. It actually makes quite a lot, and is quite rich, so my serving size is a bit of a guess. We had it with salads on really hot days, then in sandwiches to finish it off. I remember being so excited when it was first made, then happy to see the end of it until next year;-)
- add 1 1/2 kg chickens
- add 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- add 4 bay leaves
- add 750 g shin beef
- add 6 cloves
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup vinegar
- add 2 pickled pork hocks or 1 piece pickled pork
- Place all ingredients except vinegar in a large stockpot with just enough water to cover.
- Simmer for 3 hours.
- When cooked, strain the liquid, remove ALL the bones, and chope the meat finely.
- Add the vinegar to the strained liquid, season to taste.
- Place the chopped meat in wetted moulds, pour the liquid over, cover with cling wrap and allow to set.
- Serve with salads, or as a sandwich filling.