A fairly traditional Australian prawn cocktail recipe with the addition of some tomato and corn to garnish. It always tastes best if you use prawns just freshly cooked but then cooled in the fridge a while.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- add 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- add 4 small lettuce leaves
- add 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- add 16 medium prawns, shelled, deveined and cooked (shrimp)
- add 1/4 cup tomato sauce (ketchup)
- add 4 teaspoons corn kernels
- add 4 cherry tomatoes
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, tomato sauce and pepper and mix well.
- Add a few drops of tabasco sauce, stir and taste, adding more tabasco to taste.
- Add prawns to the bowl and blend through lightly.
- Place lettuce leaves in bottom of 4 martini glasses and top with prawn mixture (4 prawns per serve).
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and corn kernels.
- Serve chilled.