I have made this many times for my BBQ get togethers, it is so good, and serves about 15 people. Serve this in a large fancy punch bowl. This should be served as soon as possible, as the scoops of sherbet tend to get soft, don't worry if they melt in the punch, it really makes the punch taste even better LOL!. This takes no time to prepare and is delicious, believe me, there won't be a drop leftover LOL! All ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste. If you should decide to add in any ice, just make ice cubes out of any extra lemon-lime soda, I have little fancy ice cube container shapes that I use just for punch and fancy drinks, if you prepare the ice cubes days in advance and just store them in a ziploc plastic bag, it really saves time. If you are using frozen concentrate lemonade for this recipe, you might want to reduce the water amount slightly and increase the sugar amount, but this is only optional.
- add lemons or orange slices (to garnish)
- add 4 cups carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- add 8 cups prepared sweetened pink lemonade (I just use frozen mixed with water as directed)
- add 2 quarts raspberry sherbet
- In a large glass punch bowl, mix the lemonade and lemon-lime soda.
- Add in half of the sherbet, and stir well to make frothy.
- Add in small scoops of the remaining well-frozen little sherbet balls.
- And the lemon and/or orange slices (if using).
- Serve immediately.
- NOTE: just a hint, prepare and freeze your sherbet balls very well in the freezer a head of time so they will remain hard in the punch, and not melt as fast, I do this days ahead, and place them in a large plastic freezer container until ready to drop into the punch.
- Also make certain that your lemonade and soda are VERY cold, so you do not have to add any ice to the punch when serving, although of coarse ice may be aded if desired.