These are also known as Corn Dogs, but our school and church term for them are Pronto Pups. My family loves these friday nights, I can never seem to make enough for the kids!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 24 wooden skewers
- add milk
- add 24 hot dogs (can use Soy, Chicken, Beef, any type of hotdog)
- add oil
- add 2 teaspoons salt
- add 1/3 cup sugar
- add 1 cup cornmeal
- add 1 egg
- add 1 3/4 cups flour
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, egg and sugar.
- Add milk until batter has a pancake type consistency (Too much milk, and batter wont stay on hot dogs, too little and your batter when fried will be cracked).
- Dry off hot dogs with paper towels, coat with flour, and skewer through the center of the corndog.
- Heat 2" deep oil to 370 degrees F.
- Dip skewered hot dogs into batter mix and coat evenly.
- Fry until golden brown about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Let cool and drain on a paper towel.
- With left over batter drop like dumplings into the oil until golden brown and drain.
- Serve with ketchup, mustard tarter sauce or a dressing of your choosing.