Give this festive gift in a 1 qt. canning jar as part of a Christmas basket, along with a can of good pumpkin, some little applesauce containters, and a bottle of apple cider vinegar, and some instructions. Don't forget to make one for yourself! What a treat!
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 cup pumpkin puree (or cinnamon or caramel applesauce)
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 2 cups milk
- add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- add 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl, mix milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar in 1 bowl.In another bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.Let sit 5 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over med-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve with butter and hot maple syrup.