Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
Remember what eveyone asks what they should do with thier halloween time pumpkin? Here is the answer .....pumpkin soup. Of course this soup is great all year round ;)
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1--16 oz can of Chicken broth .
- add 1- med fresh pumpkin cooked or 16 oz or 2 cans, 8 oz
- add 2-table spoon Extravirgin olive oil
- add 1- large onion diced
- add 8 Oz Yogurt or sour cream ,
- add 1- 8 oz half&half or heavy cream
- add 1- 8 0z milk
- add 1-table spoon Limejuiceor lemon
- add 1/2 cup Orange juice optional
- add 1/2 cup dry mash potato or1 large cooked & mashed
- add 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 1/2 teas Ginger
- add 1 teas kosher salt
- add garlic to taste optional
- add Tebasco optional
- add fresh parsley for garnish
- Brown very lightly the diced onions( garlic optional) in extra virgin olive oil;
- Add the pumpkin, Chicken Broth, orange juice, lime juice & salt & pepper to taste.
- Cook until pumpkin almost creamy. Add the mash potato to the soup to thicken then add the yogurt, stir well to right consistency.
- Add the nutmeg stir the soup well. simmer for few more minutes. Turn off the stove.
- Cover the pot and let the soup cool for 5 minutes.
- This soup could be served cold & hot.