I am a fan of banana bread, but once I tasted this one, I will take it anytime over banana bread. I adapted this one from a recipe on bettycrocker.com, the smell of your house as it bakes is so amazing and inviting.
- add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- add 3/4 cup brown sugar
- add 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- add 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or bread machine flour
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- add 2 eggs
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- add 1 cup canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie)
- Place all ingredients in your breadmaker pan following manufacturer's recommended order.
- Select Quick Bread cycle only. Wait like 5 minutes into cycle, open lid and scrape down sides and bottom of the pan, close lid and let the cycle finish.
- Wait for it to cool down before you slice it, of course, if you can wait :).