Nice quick lunch for yourself or for you and your honey. Recipe can be cut in half to make for one. We like to add 1 or 2 of the variations, there's always something left over in the fridge to be used up, use your imagination. (the oil can be replaced with veggie cooking spray, it works just as well) Our standard is deli chicken slices, a mix of cheddar and parmesan, green pepper sticks, and chopped green onions and fresh cilantro, served with hot salsa. Yummy!!!
- add ham (optional)
- add 1/4 cup green chilies
- add 1/3 cup sour cream (optional)
- add chickens, sliced or slivered (optional)
- add 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- add 1 cup cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese (we like sharp cheddar)
- add 1/4 cup green bell peppers (optional)
- add 1/4 cup refried beans (optional)
- add turkey (optional)
- add 2 flour tortillas
- add guacamole (optional)
- add 1/3 cup salsa (optional)
- add beef (optional)
- add 1/4 cup green onions (optional)
- add shrimp (optional)
- add crabmeat (optional)
- add 1 tablespoon oil
- add 1/4 cup black olives (optional)
- Brush pan with oil and heat.
- Place tortilla in pan and heat on one side.
- Turn tortilla over and sprinkle with cheese, tomato and chile pepper.
- Cook until cheese melts.
- Remove tortilla to plate.
- top with guacamole or salsa if desired.
- Any one or more of the variations ingredients can be added.
- Fold in half, cut into quarters and serve hot.