If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon oil
- add jalapeno peppers
- add 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese
- add sour cream
- add 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers
- add 6 6-inch flour tortillas
- add slivered or sliced olives
- add salsa or green chili salsa
- To pan fry tortillas, sprinkle 3 of the tortillas with cheese and peppers.
- Top with remaining 3 tortillas.
- Brush a large skillet or griddle with oil.
- Heat skillet or griddle till a drop of water sizzles.
- Cook quesadillas, one at a time, over medium heat about 4 minutes (total) or till cheese is melted and tortillas are light brown, turning once.
- To bake quesadillas, brush one side of the 3 tortillas with some oil.
- Place tortillas, oiled side down, on a baking sheet.
- Top with cheese, peppers, and remaining tortillas, and brush with remaining oil.
- Bake at 450F for 6 minutes, or until light brown.
- To serve, cut each quesadilla in thirds, and top with sour cream, salsa, olives and jalapeno peppers, if desired.