Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
"I experimented with this until I found a quick, cheap, and easy Alfredo sauce combination -- the secret is cream cheese!"
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- add 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- add 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- add 2 cups milk
- Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve.