Here is a super-good and easy to make baked bean recipe, one that I make quite often in the colder months
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- add 1/3 cup hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- add 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- add 4 slices bacon
- add 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- add 2 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 1-qt baking dish.
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain, reserving 2 tbsp drippings.
- Saute green pepper in drippings until tender.
- Drain 1 can of beans.
- In a bowl, combine both cans, BBQ sauce, brown sugar, mustard and green pepper.
- Transfer to baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 35-40 mins or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with bacon.