Makes: 2 Prep: Cook:
Was not feeling like cooking last night; had some tilapia on hand and fried this up in 5 minutes!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 fillets of white fish..your choice (catfish, trout, tilapia, etc.)
- add 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- add 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 1/4 cup each plain breadcrumbs and flour
- add 2 Tablespoons peanut oil (has a high smoking point)
- Heat a cast-iron pan on high heat four 4-5 minutes until it starts to smoke (be sure to turn on your stove vent to high)
- Season fish and dredge in flour and breadcrumbs.
- Pour in peanut oil, heat another 30 seconds and add fish.
- Cook only 2 to 2.5 minutes on high heat each side.