Here's a quick, light and creamy soup that warm you on the coldest night. Add some hearty whole grain bread and a tossed salad to make a very satisfying meal.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 cups fat-free chicken broth
- add 1 teaspoon olive oil
- add 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- add 1 clove garlic
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add parmesan cheese (Garnish)
- add 1/2 cup chopped onions
- add 1 1/2 lbs butternut squash (peeled, seeded, cubed)
- add 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped (or 1t. ground dry sage)
- Add oil, garlic and onion to large stockpot over medium heat.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add sage, salt, pepper, broth and squash.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes (or until squash has a tender consistency).
- Use stick blender to lightly puree, leaving some chunks, or puree half of the soup in a food processor or blender and return to pot.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and more fresh sage (if desired).