I love this pate! This recipe makes quite a bit so it's great for parties or potlucks. Serve with baguette slices.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup butter
- add 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- add 1/2 cup dry red wine
- add 1 lb chicken livers
- add 2 teaspoons butter
- add 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add additional chopped parsley
- add 3 green onions
- add 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a wide frying pan, melt the 2 tsp butter over medium-high heat; add green onions, cook, stirring, until limp.
- Add chicken livers; cook, turning, until browned.
- Stir in wine, salt, thyme and pepper; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Add the 2 T parsley.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and whirl until smooth; with motor running, drop in butter pieces, a few at a time, and whirl until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or for up to 4 days.
- Garnish with additional parsley, if desired.