Servs: 4 Makes: about 2 cups Cook:
I was making enchiladas one day and ran out of Mexican rice. I have my mothers recipe for mexican rice but this is just way easier!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 boil in a bag rice
- add 1 can chicken broth (optional)
- add 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- add 1/2 tsp chili powder
- add dash of cumin (not too much!)
- add 3 tbsp diced tomatoes with green chiles (comes in 14.5 oz can)
- add 1/2 cup Colby cheese (shredded)
- add (3 tbsp of black beans or 2 tbsp sour cream add ins optional!)
- Boil the rice in the bag according to the directions on the box. (If you would like substitute the water for the chicken broth for a richer flavor)
- Drain, return to pan.
- Add the taco seasoning, chili powder and cumin, mix well. Then mix in the diced tomatoes and the shredded cheese.
- You can add the black beans at the end if you'd like. I also like to add the sour cream, but it tastes good either way!