Real Comfort Food!This is such a different recipe for Pierogies. We love the change from regular pierogies. These potato filled dough pockets taste soo good when made this way!When we have leftover regular pierogies, we make a casserole of these! Yummm!You can vary the recipe with different "add-ins" also. We add different chopped veggies, or ham, or bacon, etc.Really a great no-meat dish, also!
- add 1 (16 ounce) package potato & cheese pierogies (about 12 pierogies)
- add 1 tablespoon margarine
- add 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- add 1 green pepper
- add 1 medium onion
- add 1/4 cup milk
- add 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or any Cream soup)
- Preheat oven to 350°Boil Pierogies for about 5-8 minutes.
- Then drain.
- In a small skillet, melt margarine.
- Saute onion and green pepper for about 5 minutes.
- In a 2 quart casserole, combine drained pierogies with onion and green peppers.
- Blend milk and soup and pour over casserole.
- Top with Cheese.
- Bake in 350° oven for 35 minutes.