An easy and yummy family favorite one-dish meal which may be made ahead of time and frozen. When making this casserole, I like to freeze half for later use. OAMC instructions included.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/3 cup milk
- add 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- add 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- add 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- add 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- add 1 cup pancake mix
- add 3 ounces cream cheese
- add 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- add 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- add 2-3 cups cooked chicken
- add 1/3 cup milk
- add 1/2 lb broccoli florets
- add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- add 1/4 cup grated carrots
- add 1 egg
- Combine soup, cream cheese, milk, celery, onions, green peppers, carrots, and parmesan cheese; cook in a saucepan over medium heat until heated through; stir in chicken and broccoli.
- Turn chicken mixture into an ungreased 8x8" baking dish, or package in freezer bag(s) for OAMC.
- If using (OAMC) frozen mixture, thaw completely then turn mixture into an ungreased 8x8" baking dish; continue with recipe.
- Just before baking, combine pancake mix, cheese, milk, oil, egg, and almonds; spoon evenly over top of chicken mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden and chicken mixture is bubbly at edges.
- NOTE: For OAMC preparation, you may (optionally) combine the pancake mix, grated cheese, and almonds in a small baggie to be attached to (and frozen with) the large freezer bag containing the chicken mixture ~ You would then, just before baking, simply combine the milk, oil, egg, with the contents of the small baggie and then quickly top your casserole.