This is SO CUTE!!! Place "crab" onto lettuce-lined platter with mound of your favorite crab dip, surround with shells and crackers if desired! GREAT for parties, picnics and BBQ's!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add crab dip (or oyster spread)
- add 1 egg
- add fresh dill sprigs
- add 5 Rhodes frozen rolls
- add paprika (optional)
- add 1 pimento stuffed olive
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 1 toothpick
- add crackers
- For the body, join 2 rolls together and press into a flat football shape. Place body on a large sprayed baking sheet.
- With the next roll, cut enough dough off to form 2 small eyes. Roll each piece into a round ball and place on front of body. To secure eyes, stick a small piece of toothpick in each ball and then stick it into the body.
- Cut the rest of the roll in half to form 2 arms. Place each arm to the side of the eyes but before the ends of the body.
- Cut another roll in half to form 2 claws. Then cut each claw off-center almost in half and place at the end of each arm, putting the small part of the claw closest to the body. Roll the last roll into a 12-inch rope. Divide rope into 6 equal lengths for the legs. Arrange 2 legs curving forward and 1 leg curving back on each side. Tuck legs slightly under the body.
- Brush crab with melted butter, cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise for 30-45 minutes, or til doubled. (I let mine rise for 1 hour, but 45 minutes would've been perfect, mine looked kinda fat, haha!).
- Brush crab with beaten egg and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Toothpick olive halves onto ends of eyes of dough. Cut-side facing outward.
- Place crab onto lettuce-lined platter.
- Place mound of your favorite crab dip between claws.
- Surround with decorative shells (or oysters on the half shell), crackers and fresh dill sprigs if desired!