It's made with milk to keep it lower in fat, but it is a very hearty yummy soup. Goes great with a nice crusty roll, or thick slice of french bread!!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup Minute Rice
- add 4-4 1/2 cups fresh broccoli, cut into 3-inch lengths (About 2 small bunches of broccoli)
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 2 medium carrots
- add 1 medium onion
- add 2 stalks celery
- add salt and pepper (to taste) (optional)
- add 2 cups water
- add 2 1/4 cups chicken broth (I use homemade stuff, but canned is fine, try using low sodium)
- add 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (the lower fat shaker stuff is fine)
- add 2 cups skim milk
- add 1-2 garlic clove
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.Add carrots, onion, garlic and celery.
- Add chicken broth and water.Bring to a boil.
- Stir in broccoli and rice and reduce heat to medium low.Simmer 10-15 minutes or until veggies are tender.Stir frequently.
- Take small batches of soup and put in a food processor or blender.Blend until pureed.Return all blended soup back to pot.Add salt and pepper if you're going to.
- Add milk and cheese and cook until heated through.