April Fool the kids and have a good laugh yourself!!!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add yellow food coloring
- add red food coloring
- add 1 cup white frosting (canned is fine)
- add 2 slices poundcake (store bought is great)
- Cut the pound cake into bread-like slices.
- Toast them in a toaster oven or carefully in the toaster,just until they turn golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes.
- Stack two slices for each sandwich and cut the stack in half diagonally (slicing the sandwich before you fill it makes for fewer crumbs).
- Tint the frosting by stirring in a few drops of yellow and red food coloring (more yellow than red) to get a shade of orange that resembles American cheese.
- Carefully spread frosting between the slices of each half sandwich.
- If you mound the frosting on one slice, then top it with the other and gently press down, the frosting will ooze out a bit and look all the more like melted cheese.