This is a recipe I made up when I was in Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. My kids have begun to request it for supper!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 small onion
- add 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- add 1-2 garlic clove
- add 1 lb ground turkey
- add 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- add 4 bell peppers
- add olive oil
- add 28 ounces ground peeled tomatoes
- add 1 stalk celery
- add 1/2 cup shredded cheese (or more)
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 teaspoon spike all purpose seasoning (for zest)
- Wash the peppers, cut the tops off, and place in oiled glass dish.
- Cover and microwave the peppers for 5 minutes.
- Saute the veggies and ground turkey with a dollop of olive oil. (I chop up the usable remainders of the pepper tops as well).
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes to evaporate some of the liquid.
- Stuff the peppers and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until the peppers are soft and the cheese is toasted.
- Add Ins: you could add cooked rice or stir in extra cheese to the mixture before baking.