Servs: 4 Cook:
Food and Wine Recipe.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Two 1 1/2-pound racks of lamb (16 chops), frenched (see Note)
- add Salt and freshly ground pepper
- add Extra-virgin olive oil
- add 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- add 1/4 cup mint leaves
- add Three 1/4-inch slices of fresh ginger
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- add 1 jalape?o, seeded
- add 1 tablespoon cilantro
- add 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- add 1 shallot, minced
- add 10 ounces frozen baby peas, thawed
- add 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400?. Set the lamb racks in a medium roasting pan. Season the lamb generously with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 125? for medium-rare, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the coconut milk, mint leaves, ginger, garlic, lime juice, jalape?o and cilantro and puree until smooth. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- 3. In a medium skillet, melt the butter. Add the shallot and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the peas and brown sugar, season with salt and pepper and cook until the peas are lightly coated, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- 4. Carve the lamb into chops and serve with the coconut-mint sauce and peas.
- MAKE AHEAD The coconut-mint sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.