If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup pecans
- add 3 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon sugar
- add 1 medium Belgian endive
- add 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar
- add 1 small head radicchio
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper to taste. Whisk in oil in a slow stream.
- Coarsely chop pecans and in a small shallow baking pan toast in one layer in middle of oven until fragrant and a shade darker, about 5 minutes. Immediately stir hot pecans into vinaigrette.
- Separate radicchio leaves and tear out some of white veins. Divide leaves decoratively between 2 plates (see photograph, above). Discard any discolored outer leaves from endive and cut two 1-inch sections from head. Arrange each section in center of radicchio leaves. Thinly slice remaining endive, discarding core, and sprinkle over salads. Drizzle vinaigrette over salads.