It's the berries! Chose your favorite to fill this warm, yummy persomal fruit pie. Testers agree-these are best eaten with your hands.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup strawberry pie filling or cherry pie filling or blueberry pie filling or peach pie filling
- add ice cream or whipped dessert topping
- add 2 folded refrigerated unbaked pie crusts
- add water
- add 1 small pear or apple
- add all-purpose flour
- Turn on oven to 375 degrees.Open the package of piecrusts and remove 1 crust (save the remaining crust for another use).On a lightly floured surface, unfold piecrust following package directions.Use kitchen scissors to cut piecrust into 4 wedges.
- Using a vegetable peeler, carefully cut the skin off the pear (throw away skin).Place the pear on cutting board.Use a sharp knife to cut the pear in half.Cut one half into two pieces (save remaining pear half for another use or eat it for a snack).Cut out the core and throw it away.Cut pear into small pieces (you should have 1/4 of a cup).Spoon about 2 tablespoons pie filling and 1 tablespoon chopped pear into center of each pastry wedge.
- Use a pastry brush and a little water to moisten edges of pastry.Fold one straight side of one wedge over filling to the other straight side to form a smaller wedge.Press edges together with tines of a fork to seal.Prick top with fork.Place on ungreased baking sheet.Repeat with remaining wedges, pie filling, and pear.
- Place baking sheet in oven.Bake about 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.Turn off oven.Use hot pads to remove baking sheet from oven.Use a pancake turner to transfer turnovers to a cooling rack.Serve warm turnovers with ice cream or whipped topping, if you like.