A great Sunday morning brunch breakfast, and a different change from the usual bacon and eggs. This recipe can also can be baked in one casserole dish if desired, just bake a little longer. Please adjust the cheese, green onions, salt and pepper to taste.
- add 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- add 6 eggs
- add 1 1/2 cups shredded old cheddar cheese (can use more or less cheese)
- add 8 slices bacon (or more)
- add 2 thinly sliced green onions
- add 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- add salt and black pepper
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 4 individual 1-cup shallow baking dishes or one medium-size baking dish.
- Cook bacon in a large frypan, until crisp; drain.
- Reserve about 3-4 tablespoons bacon drippings.
- Fry hash brown potatoes in the bacon drippings until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Divide potatoes evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dishes or dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese, then with bacon.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk and green onions; pour evenly into dishes.
- Bake uncovered for about 20-25 minutes, or until set.