Layers of a healthy sweetness.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- add 4 egg whites
- add chocolate-covered espresso beans
- add 1 tablespoon water
- add 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 3 cups raspberry sorbet
- add raspberries
- add 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 275*.
- Spray an 11x15-inch baking sheet.
- Cut a piece of parchment or wax paper to fit the cookie sheet.
- Using an 8 or 9-inch cake pan, trace 2 circles on the paper.
- Invert paper onto baking sheet and set aside.
- Place egg whites,cornstarch, sugar and vanilla into mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric beater for 3-4 minutes, until medium-stiff peaks form. With a rubber spatula spread meringue onto paper, just inside traced circles.
- Smooth tops and bake for 60 to 75 minutes, until surface is quite dry.
- Remove from oven and let cool down for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine coffee-powder,and cocoa.
- Add water and stir until smooth.
- When meringue is cool, carefully turn them over and peel away paper.
- Trim edges of meringue with a serrated knife, if necessary to fit in the cake pan. Place one meringue in the pan.
- Place about one cup of softened sorbet in a small bowl, with the coca-coffee mixture and stir well.
- Stir remaining 2 cups of sorbet until smooth and is easily spreadable.
- Inmediately spread half of the plain sorbet over meringue layer in pan and smooth the top.
- Repeat with half of the cocoa-sorbet mixture.
- Add the 2nd meringue layer, remaining raspberry sorbet, smoothing the top after each layer.
- Decorate with raspberries and chocolate covered espresso beans.
- Cover and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- To serve, slide torte from pan onto serving plate using a thin spatula.
- Cut into portions with thin bland knife.