You can use this sauce for everything! From drizzling over cheesecake, cream puffs or pound cake- to ice cream, chocolate souffles or swirled into a vanilla souffle right before you bake it. You can also use it in a pitcher on the table to pour over pancakes, waffles or crepes. From Room For Dessert.
- add 1 teaspoon kirsch or framboise eau-de-vie (optional)
- add 1/4 cup water
- add 1 pint raspberries (2 cups)
- add 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Pass the raspberries through a food mill fitted with a fine disk, or puree the raspberries in a food processor and press through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Heat the sugar and the water to gether until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir it into the raspberry puree and add the lemon juice and the kirsch or framboise, if desired.
- Taste and if necessary adjust with additional sugar, lemon juice or kirsch or framboise.