A very delightful sauce that can be used on various dishes. When using the sauce on a cheesecake, let it drizzle over the edges. When serving the cheesecake, spoon 2 tablespoons on the serving plate, the place the cheesecake piece into the sauce. You can also substitute and use blueberries for a sauce.
- add 3 cups fresh raspberries or frozen raspberries
- add 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 1/4 cup cold water
- add 3 tablespoons tapioca starch or cornstarch
- add 1/2 cup brandy (optional)
- add 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- In a medium size saucepan, add raspberries and sugar and bring to a boil mixing well until sugar is dissolved.
- Strain through a very fine sieve or a cheesecloth.
- Return puree' to saucepan.
- Add lemon juice and Brandy and stir well.
- In a cup, mix together tapioca starch and water until smooth.
- Bring raspberry puree' back to boil and add tapioca starch mixture slowly using a whisk to mix well until sauce thickens to your desired consistency.
- You may use this sauce hot or let it cool.