My mother who is Italian-born was taught this recipe by her mother before teaching me. I hope you enjoy it.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2-3 cloves garlic
- add 1/2 lb pork ribs
- add 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- add 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1 tablespoon salt
- add 1 medium onion
- add 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- add 2 tablespoons basil
- add 2 tablespoons parsley
- add 1 teaspoon onion powder
- add 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil.
- Add onions& garlic and cook until just beginning to brown.
- Add Pork and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add Tomato Puree and Crushed Tomatoes and stir well.
- Add spices (add more or less to your liking) and bring to a boil, stirring often, for about 20 minutes Turn heat down to low and simmer for about 2-2 1/2 hours, stirring often.