I got this recipe off the internet after searching and searching, I kept coming up with only the cheese dip that contains rotel, velveeta and sausage or hamburger meat. I was looking for the real mexican cheese dip like they serve in resturants here in Oklahoma. I think I finally found it!
- add 1 tablespoon shortening
- add 2 cups fresh tomatoes
- add 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- add 1 lb grated American cheese
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers (chopped)
- add jalapeno peppers (IF YOU LIKE IT HOT)
- Saute chopped onion in shortening.
- Add fresh tomatoes and chopped green chili peppers.
- Add 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Simmer until well blended.
- Add 1 lb grated American cheese.
- Heat only until cheese melts.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Can add hot jalapeno peppers in addition to chili peppers if you like it HOT.
- Makes 1 quart.
- Freezes well.