This fish is good served with rice pilaf and green vegetables. Other small firm fish such as sole also works well in this recipe. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (December 1981)
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add white pepper
- add olive oil
- add 1/4 cup cilantro
- add 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- add 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- add 1/4 cup parsley
- add 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- add 3/4 lb red snapper fillets, cut on the diagonal to about 4 1/2 inches by 2 inches (about 2-3 fillets)
- add 3 tablespoons olive oil
- add kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- Brush 4 ovenproof plates with olive oil and then sprinkle with kosher salt and white pepper.
- Divide fish among the four plates, skin side up in the center of the plates.
- Brush fish with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Press wax paper over fish.
- Chop herbs in a processor and then pour in three tablespoons olive oil through food tube while the machine is running.
- Transfer to small bowl or dish and stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Bake fish for 4 minutes.
- Remove plates from oven, discard wax papper.
- Let plates stand for 30 seconds and then spoon 2 tablespoons herb mixture along each piece of fish.
- Serve with rice pilaf and green vegetables.