This sauce is lower in fat than traditional Alfredo Sauce but full of flavour. Great as a side with grilled chicken or double it for a meal with meat filled pasta.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- add 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- add 1 cup 1% low-fat milk (skim may be used, but creates a thinner sauce)
- add 1 dash pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- The key here is patience, add all ingedients gradually!
- Melt butter in sauce pan on stove top with medium heat.
- Gradually whisk in flour.
- This will create a yellow paste.
- Gradually add milk, whisking until incorporated and no lumps are present.
- Continue to whisk until hot.
- Usually 3-5 minutes.
- The longer you cook the base (without the cheese) the thicker the sauce will be.
- Add parmesan slowly, again whisking until incorporated.
- Add crushed garlic and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat.