A recipe obtained from DH's former boss. As a tradition we would go chop down a Christmas tree in the forest then settle in at the lodge and play games while snacking on this sweet treat. Be prepared-this makes a TON. Cooking time is cooling time.
- add 7 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- add 1 cup coconut
- add 9 cups Corn Chex
- add 9 cups Rice Chex
- add 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine
- add 2 cups light Karo syrup
- add 1/2 cup almonds
- add 2 cups sugar
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl that has been very lightly greased and set aside.
- Bring remaining ingredients to a boil on the stove.
- Boil for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and wait until boiling subsides then pour over cereal mixture.
- Stir until cereal is covered.
- Spread mixture onto cookie sheets or wax paper and allow to cool.
- You may separate mixute into small portions or in one big bowl for everyone to share!